Monday, September 24, 2012

ISO Card makers

I'm putting together a little card kit exchange swap. This may be a different from other swaps you've been in. Each month, one of you will be a hostess. You'll put together a mini card kit and send it to each of the participants. Feel free to shop from your stash (we all have one, right?). The kit does not have to contain the latest and greatest, just good quality items.

Each participant should post their cards before the end of the month, when we can all admire your creativity. If you don't have a blog, you can send a photo of your cards to me and I'll post it here.

I've started to put together the first kit and would love to mail it out on Monday to you. If you're interested, you can let me know in the comments or e-mail me. I'd like to keep this swap small (4 to 6 participants including me) so it isn't too expensive with supplies and postage.

Guidelines:
  • Hostess sends out card kits by the 1st of the month.
  • Swap participants post cards before the end of the month (maybe I'll figure out the Mr. Linky thingie or some other way we can share).
  • Each kit should contain enough supplies to make 3-4 cards. You can include envelopes, but it isn't necessary. I'm not sure how much they'll add to the postage costs.
  • Supplies can be from your stash, but kits should be all the same (or the same as possible). For example, don't include blue twine in one kit and pink ribbon in another.
  • Include both paper and embellishments. 
  • At the end of 4 (or 5 or 6 months), I'll start another swap.
I'd love to have you join in!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh I think this would be a BLAST!!! I'm in.....and you already know my info. have you posted this on the LM board?

scrapper al said...

Yay Susan! I thought I would give my loyal followers (all five of you, lol), first dibs. Plus I've contacted some people personally.

Katie Jr said...

Susan invited me to join in on this fun...let me know if that is ok...cheers, Katie M!

Leslie said...

Would love to give it a try if you end up needing someone to round out your group.